Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Press On!



"The least important fact of life is the score at halftime."

I like that quote, and I think it was during the Super Bowl that I heard it. I wrote it down and then found it yesterday.

It speaks to a very important idea: as long as there is life, there is a chance to change, to come back, to keep growing, to start over.

Sometimes people get stuck, stuck in deep ruts and feel there is no hope for change. We feel like the present, greatly influenced by past mistakes and failures, keeps us from doing anything different. The game is over. Not true!

We have to deal with past failure, but we cannot dwell on it. There are many things that we need to forget, as we focus on the future and strive for a goal.

Paul, in Philippians 3, talking about moving toward a glorious future, says this.

. . . I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Press on! Press on.

No comments: