Monday, October 08, 2012

Monday Morning

Hello there! Frosty morning it is, and my skinny white legs are going to get cold, here in a few. Oh well, I run better in the cold, so I won't complain. I do hope that it warms back up into the 70s again for a while. I love those clear, crisp October days when it's cool in the morning and then perfectly warm in the afternoon. I think it will still happen before we drop off into cold weather.
 
Rebecca called from Costa Rica yesterday afternoon. She called during a family gathering, so she got to speak to several people. She told of going to a volcano. That what is behind her in the picture. She is having a good time, but I think she is struggling just a bit with home sickness. She'll be fine. Soon she goes to Nicaragua for 10 days. It's part of her experience. It's also due to visa requirements.
 
I hope your weekend was good. I had a good trip to Jasper on Friday. I checked into some business stuff for Capstone Ministries, visited an old friend in a nursing facility, stopped in at "the" Rural King, and had lunch with an old friend. It was a good day. I took my time coming home, enjoying the drive and a short time to relax.
 
Friday night is football night, and this last Friday night would rank up there as one of the most miserable football games EVER, as far as weather is concerned. It was cold, windy, and raining hard. We sat in it for the first half, and then moved to the car the second half. We were able to drive right up to the field, along with a bunch of others doing the same, to see the game. We had the bonus of listening to the radio commentary. We lost the game, but it wasn't too bad. Ben played well: lots of tackles and a fumble recovery.
 
Saturday I ran another 12 miles or so. I had a surprisingly good run. I didn't know how I would respond after a 20 miler on Thursday, but I like cold weather. I cranked out some really good miles at the end, so I was pleased with a little confidence booster. After the run, Rand and I made our way over for pancakes. That was enjoyable.
 
The rest of the day was consumed with football and rest. Yesterday was my work day, and I made it through OK. So there you go! Another weekend is complete, and a new week starts. This is going to be extra busy. I've got a lot of extra things this week, which I will reveal as they approach each day. I hope you have a good one!

No comments: