Thursday, October 11, 2012

Human Doing?



Do you remember these words from an old Alabama song?

I’m in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

I could have written those words! You too? What’s wrong with us?

It is that "busyness" seems to be the cool thing? We like to preference our comments with, "I’m so busy. . ." or "I know you are busy, but. . ."

Sometimes I wonder if we are really as busy as we think we are. Some are, for sure, but I think it’s more a state of mind.

We have crossed over from being "human beings" to "human doings." I think God likes both, but your doing needs to come from your being (in a relationship with God).

Stop for a few minutes and go through this with me:

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know that
Be still and know
Be still and
Be still
Be
Slow down, take a breath and BE today! Then Do. Intentionally, carefully, and not hurriedly.

(I’m talking to myself, as usual.)

No comments: