Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday a.m. in Alabama

Green way in Huntsville

Hey, good morning! I hope you are doing well today. I'm in Alabama, where it is 5 a.m. I've been up for an hour, so the locals will think I am crazy. What's that? OK, fine! Be that way.

We had a good trip down yesterday. Uneventful. It was good to see Kedra's parents. Her dad, who had a pacemaker put in on Monday, seems to be doing pretty well. He is limited on activity right now but doing OK.

After we got here yesterday afternoon, I took off for my 12 miler, which went really well. The running funk seems to be over. Good! Kedra's parents live in southeast Huntsville, which is blessed with a wonderful green way system. It goes all the way to the Tennessee River, which is only about 6 miles from their house.

I knew they were working on extending the green way last summer, so I was excited to see that the new section is now open. It is now within 1 mile of Kedra's parent's place, so I hopped on that for a while last night. It was pleasant running weather and a beautiful view.

Today we head back north. We are going to meet Luke in Nashville for lunch, before heading to Mitchell. Ben has a football game tonight at 8, so we have plenty of time. Tomorrow is the big 20 mile run from Bloomington to Oolitic and then back to Avoca. The hills will be alive with nutty runners.

No comments: