Friday, October 05, 2012

Friday morning

Good morning! It's Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? It's almost here. I am going to start mine by going to Jasper this morning. I'm going to see an old friend in a nursing home there, and then I am having lunch at Schnitzelbank with a friend who works at Jasper Engine. I'm also checking on another project or two, while in Jasper.
 
Yesterday was good. I ran 20 easy miles with Jim and Steve. It was a perfect morning, and the conversation was varied and good. It wasn't the fastest 20 I've done, but it was enjoyable. The point is to cover the distance. Check! Tomorrow I hope to run another 12 or so, putting me north of 45 miles for the week.
 
Wow, Dan nails it again! His insight is so helpful and so good and so right. Read this article about burnout. You know, a lot, I mean a lot, of ministers do not make it all the way to the end. They end up doing something else. Believe me, there are days when... Well, never mind.

I guess through dumb luck, or I would prefer to believe by the leading of God's Spirit, I have done many of the things that Dan suggests to avoid burnout. There are days and months where these activities have kept me afloat.

I have always believed that my role is beyond the walls and even the membership of the church. I have lots of meaningful connections beyond them. Honestly, there are times where I feel that I am doing my best work and ministry in those places with those people. God will be the judge of all that, but I feel good about what I do in the community and beyond. It is often a source of encouragement.

OK, enough of all that. Let's get this weekend going...

No comments: