Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! It's going to seem like Monday all day today, isn't it? I hope you enjoyed your holiday yesterday. Mine was pretty uneventful. I did get a lot of good work done, so I was really happy about that. It was mostly a quiet day, which was fine with me.

This is a picture of the house where Rebecca is staying. It looks pretty small. She said it has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom for the 4, now 5 with Rebecca, who live there. Rebecca didn't get online yesterday, best I can tell, so we are still waiting to find out more about what's going on with her. She started her classes yesterday. I know from being in Honduras that Internet connections and availability can be quite challenging. The time is flying by; we took her to the airport a week ago today.

One of the good things that happened for me over the long, damp weekend is that I got a lot of reading done. I read a couple of books. One of them, I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life, was excellent. It gave me a lot of insight into my life and into situations that I often find myself in. It has this cool little piece written by Daniel Goleman:

The range of what we think and do
Is limited by what we fail to notice
And because we fail to notice
That we fail to notice
There is little we can do
To change
Until we notice
How failing to notice
Shapes our thoughts and deeds.

It's going to be a good busy day and at the end awaits the beginning of Tempo Tuesday! We swap out Paceline Tuesday for Tempo Tuesday. We'll simply do one hard mile tonight and move into 3 later. The overall run will be 7 miles. It's going to be on the warm side!

No comments: