Monday, September 03, 2012

Kinda Monday


Hey, it's a holiday! I don't want things to get too backed up, so I will go ahead and get some vital, life-changing, can't-live-without information about my weekend out there for you to consume. We all get by with a little help from our friends.

The above cool picture of Ben saving a touchdown (on a punt return, I think) is the only thing good that came out of Friday night's game. It was really, really bad. Oh well, we are young and Paoli is very good. 

Saturday we had a very slimy 12 mile run. Of course we thought it was going to be raining, and in fact we wished it would have been. The humidity was oppressive. Lester met/ran with us for the 12, but he ended up with 20 miles for the day. He did 8 before we met. Running 20 in those conditions is about like running a marathon. He's looking strong.

We still haven't had a good "catch up" conversation with Rebecca. We've heard from her on Facebook a few times, but it's always limited. I think she will find a way to Skype soon. It's good to know that she is doing well and enjoying herself. Here is link to some photos she posted. I hope that works!

We had a good day at church yesterday. The highlight for me was at the end. I was walking to the back, when a guy stepped in the aisle in front of me. I knew I knew him but I was working hard to connect face and name. Then it hit me with a great deal of emotion! It was Danny T., a long lost friend from Shoals. I baptized him 17 years ago. He had/has battled so many things, and his baptism was so powerful. Seeing him yesterday was the same for me. It had been a long, long time. We are going to catch up soon.

This morning was another slimy run. Five miles of humidity. After the run we hung around and talked about another 5 mile's worth. It was nice.

OK, today, I'm holed up and need to really get a lot done. I have a writing project I'm working on, and the deadline is coming up quickly.

No comments: