Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday a.m.

What a beautiful morning! It's great to wake up, and it's nice to wake up to cool temps and lower humidity. The humidity on Thursday, and especially Friday, was beyond uncomfortable, especially if you were running in it.

I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was fine, which is good. I moved my long run to Friday morning because of an activity on Saturday, so I took off fairly early to get 16 miles. Did I mention how humid it was on Friday? Wow, I had to do all kinds of mind games to finish 16 miles in that humidity and rising temps. I bargained with myself, negotiating all kinds of things, but in the end, I stuck to the plan and gutted the thing out. It got slow, ugly and done.

The rest of the day on Friday, I finished up my work and got ready for football festivities. The football game did not go well. It got suspended, due to lightning, so we had to finish it Saturday evening. That part didn't go well either. I feel sorry for Ben and the other boys. They are a young team, struggling to find confidence and success.

Before the game on Saturday, I got up and ran 5 miles. Then, helping out the transportation director, I got a bus and picked up the soccer team. This is why I ran long on Friday; didn't have time on Saturday morning. We headed down to Lanesville. We got there, and there was no one around. Evidently they have had 3 A.D.s in the last little while, and someone goofed up. After driving and asking around, we headed back home.  Hey, now at least I can say I know where Lanesville is.

Yesterday was a good day with all the usual things. I watched some football. I have always loved NFL football, so it's good to have it back for my viewing pleasure. The Colts are going to struggle, but we know the script because of the Manning evolution/development from the past. I think there is a lesson about narrative theology there, but I will spare you.

This week is going to be challenging. I have a wedding in Nashville on Saturday evening, so I will go down there on Friday and return late Saturday. I will have to compress all my work/activities a little bit to make it all happen, but I should be fine. I look forward to the trip. I hope to get to spend some time with Luke and others.

OK, let's get this thing going...

No comments: