Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday a.m.


Hello Thursday! You and me - let's work together today. Get lots done. Have some fun. OK?

We heard from Rebecca overnight. Yesterday we got a group email from the leader of her group, saying that everyone was fine, etc. Then last night Rebecca was able to use her host family's father's phone to post a brief note on Facebook and to send us a brief message as well. We are still unsure of her regular Internet access.

She is staying with a family that has two girls: Rebecca 14 and Nicole 8. I think she will be really happy to have a couple of younger "sisters" for the next 4 months. Today Rebecca, who is incredibly direction-challenged, is supposed to work in a small group to learn how to get around San Jose on public transportation. She said something about a scavenger hunt.

Isaac is headed our way, and while he may make the weekend really wet, he is very welcome. My mind has been in the gutter this week, and where the mind goes the hands are soon to follow. I think I have them cleaned out. I will probably go back up on the roof today and look over everything. I think I need to put some tar around my chimney.

Yesterday was a good day. I saw lots of people and got some good thinking done. We had a good class last night, discussing Romans 8. Go ahead and read it. It won't take that long. There are so many wonderful things there. I hope I can cut my sermon down to 2 hours.

I'm sitting on 16 miles of running this week, moving toward 40. I'm thinking of 9 or 10, here in a little bit. I know I am going to have some wet miles later in the week. I need to lose about 5 pounds again, so September is going to be my strict eating month. That ought to do it. I want to go into Monumental at a good running weight. No use carrying a bag of sugar with me the whole way.

After school today I am driving the junior high cross country team to Pekin for a meet. I am looking forward to it. I get to hang a little with Larry M., a great runner and a great man. It's fun watching the kids run also.

Thanks for stopping by. See you tomorrow.

No comments: