Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday a.m.

Good morning! My post yesterday pretty well caught you up with lots of things, so what do I write about this morning? That's a good question, and I hope I have an answer before this post is over. I figure something will come up, if I just keep punching these keys on this computer. Another line or two and I will have the first paragraph that lines up with the picture of my little Ben, who is not so little anymore.

I'm kinda taking the day off today. Luke came home for the weekend and is still here. Lester is off work today, so being opportunistic, I asked them if they could help me this morning. They both said yes. The task? Cut and process a few ricks of firewood. The present problem? Rain! I will not complain about rain in the midst of a drought. I hope the boys don't complain about working in it! ha ha. It will probably quit in time for us to get a lot done.

The drought has killed a few trees that are literally in my back yard. I cut a few done Saturday afternoon, so we will drag them, after trimming them in the woods, right up to where they need to be stacked and cut them into firewood there. It should work pretty well.

I was going to run early this morning, in the dark, but I've decided to wait until this evening. I may connect with some of my friends in Bedford for the Monday evening run. I occasionally make that connection. They are worth the drive.

OK, this week I re-start some things that I rested from over the summer and generally ramp up the work. Here we go...

No comments: