Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday morning

For me it's all about the little things that people do. I'm so not a romantic. I don't think you need a specific day to celebrate your love for someone. I think it can be a Tuesday. It's an everyday thing.
--Lauren Conrad

OK, there you have it! It's Tuesday and a day to do good and to love in ordinary time. Make it personal and intentional today.

I don't know where any of that came from really, but it was a different start to a blog post. Well, we missed out on the rain again. Hopefully next time we will get some. The winds are supposed to pick up today, which can mean only one thing: Tuesday Night Paceline. I think every Tuesday so far we have had some wind to deal with. Tonight's forecast is a 10 mph NNW, which means a headwind coming back. Oh well, it will make us stronger.

The picture? My first century (ever) from last year. I am planning on doing one this Saturday. I rode 80 miles the other day and felt pretty good, so going 100 should not be too bad. RAIN is July 21st, and I hope to get at least 2, if not 3, centuries in before then. I'm already in better shape than last year, so I should have a much better experience.

I had a good 10 mile run yesterday morning. I planned to do it without a water stop, but about 5 miles in, I could tell that that was a bad idea. I was soaked with sweat. I decided to change my plans and went back to the truck at 6 miles and got a drink. The last 4 miles were fine, and it turned out to be a pretty good run on a humid morning.

Following the run, I had a typical day with a meeting or two, seeing people, and trying to do good. I had a nice lunch with a good minister friend. We laughed a lot, and that's always good. That's serves as a contrast of sorts for a comment someone else made later in the day. Two people spoke to me about crying, crying a lot. One person hurts so bad that she said she can't even talk yet. "All I would do is cry," she said. I said, "I have a big box of Kleenex." She laughed at that. Maybe later we'll talk. Maybe later.

I had hoped to do a late morning swim at the Mitchell pool, but a phone call from Atlanta changed those plans, which was fine. I hope to grab as much pool time as possible between now and my first official tri on August 11th. My friend in Atlanta is getting ready to make a move from church to the academy. He will be a great bridge between the two. I love both places as well.

OK, gonna be another interesting day in the neighborhood! As I navigate through this fallen world as a fallen being, specifically this day, I will focus on how it all ends. We win! Also today, I will focus on this evening's therapy, I mean bike ride. Pacelining into the wind with great friends, followed by a 3 mile run in the Park, followed by some food at Wendy's -- I'll take it!

No comments: