Friday, June 08, 2012

Friday morning


Good morning! Another amazing day is waking up right in front of us. This weather has a preferred status with me. I like it a lot.

As promised, yesterday morning Tim the Elder and Dan the Man and I rode from Lighthouse. It was on the cool side, but we dressed appropriately. It was such a beautiful ride out through Amish country before slipping into Orleans from the west. Almost every time we ride out there we comment on how blessed we are to have such a beautiful and interesting place to ride. Dan took a couple of photos yesterday, and I grabbed one of them for you.

After our ride we ran a true 5K. Low-tech Tim wanted Garmin confirmation of his measured course. Not one to push technology on anyone, I said, "Only if you are asking." He said he wanted to know, and it turned out that Galloway and Garmin agreed almost perfectly. Who is going to argue over 15 feet? We ran 3.1 miles and it felt good.

Before and after the ride I managed to get quite a bit of work done, but I didn't get done. Today should see me through to completion. I hope to throw a 7 mile run in sometime today as well. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's ride. We'll ride from Bedford at 7 a.m. to Orleans and back, through Amish country. Then we'll run 5 miles afterwards. One brick at a time I am getting stronger.

Lester passed both of his tests for licensure as a pharmacist! He is totally finished with all his requirements now. I'm really proud of him.

No comments: