Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday a.m.




Good morning! This came in from Luke overnight:

I made it back in to Coban today! We stayed at the bridge site for 6 nights. We finished everything today. I just put a picture up on facebook. I'll be in Antigua through at least Saturday night, so I'll have better internet and should be able to call some time. Here are two more pictures.

I add this from a Facebook post from Luke:

Proud to say that the bridge is up, completed, and fully functional (as indicated by the 55 people gathered on it for a prayer service)!!

In the middle picture you can see the old bridge that the villagers used. Yes, it makes this old man proud of his son.

So how's it going on this amazingly beautiful Thursday morning? I love this weather! I ran 5 miles yesterday morning while it was still around 60 degrees. That is such an enjoyable temp to run in. And the run went well. I ran the big hill out of Spice Valley and felt pretty good. Today, later this afternoon, I am going to do a brick: ride followed by run. It's going to have to be short, due to time constraints. I hope to ride 15-20 miles and then run 2-3 miles.

Yesterday was full of activity. My run was followed by some study followed by a meeting followed by several stops to see several people. Everything, I suppose, would be described as uneventful, but uneventful is fine. I've come to understand that the mundane uneventful things make up the vast majority of faithfulness. Right?

Today I do the triple. Triple? Run, ride, swim? NO. Eat out three times? YES. It just worked out that way, so I am going to have to be careful about how much I eat today. I had already scheduled lunch with someone when someone else called wanting to eat lunch. I asked the first lunch person if we could do breakfast. Yes. Then this evening we are gathering in Loogootee for a Honduras team meeting. We have 6 people from Washington going with us and want to spend some time with them. Our trip is July 8-18.

Amongst all the eating today I hope to get mostly prepared for Sunday. Tomorrow I am smoking meat all day for a friend's wedding reception. I am really looking forward to Saturday. Several of us are riding at Crane - 65 miles of hills!

OK, here we go...

No comments: