Thursday, May 17, 2012

Old Love



Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m sixty-four?

For some reason that old Beatle’s song jumped into my head this morning!

It got me to thinking about love and marriage and divorce. Have you read about the new trend called gray divorce?

The divorce rate for those over 50 has doubled in the last 20 years. Sad.

Marriage has to be based on unconditional love, a decision to love "no matter what." It’s a decision that outlasts physical attraction and emotion. Both of those things can fade as the years add up.

There is something sweet and sacred about a couple growing old together. It takes a lot of work that is rooted in the kind of love that God has for us: an unconditional commitment.

I want to love and be loved like that. Don’t you? Let's commit to it.

No comments: