Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning! It's Friday! I'm going to do something today that I used to do very intentionally and carefully: take most of a day off. Now I know some of you are already cracking jokes about me working only one day a week, etc. That's fine. Working one day a week is great, it's that being on call 24/7/365 that gets a bit tiring at times. I'm not complaining at all. I guess I am justifying taking most of this day off. I've had a good week! I read/studied a lot and saw lots of people, and I even got some things done beyond my normal routine.

I ended my day yesterday by driving the golf team to Stonecrest for practice. I think they usually practice 2 hours, 4-6 p.m., which would have put me home around 6:30. The coach said something last night about practicing a little longer, which was fine with me. They practiced until after 7, which meant that I didn't get the bus back until about 7:45, which meant no pool time for me again.

I did get a nice easy 3 mile run at the golf course, and I finished up 2 books I've been reading. It was such a beautiful evening. I guess I am a professional athlete now. I was getting paid while I was running.

This morning I have a little work to do in preparation for Sunday, and then I get to go to the pool for a while. Then I am going on a 50-60 mile bike ride late morning. I am looking forward to this. It's a part of my prep for CraneRAIN and for Ironman. Tim S has booked hotel rooms for RAIN, so we plan on doing it for sure. I'm literally miles ahead of where I was at this time last year. Plus, I have a better, more comfortable bike.

I took my race wheels off and am riding on the other wheels. I will save the race wheels for races and for other special occasions. As soon as think I can swim in a triathlon, I will find one and get that experience going. I have August 11 marked on my calendar for Cicero, but I hope to do one before that.

OK, I need to finish a few things, prep my bike, and head to the pool...

No comments: