Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thursday


How are you this morning? It's Thursday! Already. I am really looking forward to today. I'll start with an 8 mile run, here in a little while. Looks like I might get wet! My sweetness always puts me at risk of melting, but, hey, you have to take risks in life. The completion of 8 miles will put me at 30 for the week. Tomorrow I will take off, and then I will be ready for our Bloomington to Bedford 20 miler on Saturday. Fifty miles per week is what I hope for for the next couple of weeks; maybe a little more.

See William up there? Isn't he cute? When we were in our adopted village of Guajire the other day, I was visiting in Coronada's home, taking some pictures of his children. One of the boys pointed me to a wooden box in another part of the room. When I looked in the box, made out of pallet material, I saw little William. Precious.

William is a product of rape. Coronada has a daughter who is mentally challenged, and a guy raped her. She conceived and gave birth to William. God's redemptive nature--working in the messes of life to make something good happen--seems evident in this situation. William will be raised in a loving family that is a part of a very loving church.

We had a good class last night, which capped a good day. The challenge this week, as it is most weeks, will be to take all the information and narrow it down to 20-25 minutes worth of the best stuff. I think I will present an overview of the prophets and then focus in on Jeremiah, showing the realness of his struggle. Man, he struggles, but he hangs on to his hope. It is new every morning!

My quest to swim continues this evening. Monday was a little rough, due to having 2 weeks off. With assistance, I did manage to cover 600 yards again. I was going for 750 but ended up talking to a few people and decided to pack it in. Rome was not built in a day, they say. ha ha. My goal is do a triathlon in June. There is a friendly one with all my buddies+ over at Sullivan, at Jim's friend's house. I hope to be ready for that.


No comments: