Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! It's Wednesday. I find it amusing, only slightly, that in some nursing homes that they have a sign displayed that tells what day of the week it is, along with the date and year. I actually find that helpful on some days. Along those lines, part of my routine daily is to write the day and date on some of the things I do. That helps me know where I am in life, I suppose.

Today is Lester's 24th birthday! I remember pretty well his birth in New Zealand so long ago. It was summertime there, a warm, humid day. It was one of the most amazing days of my life! Now to watch him as a young man is one of the most satisfying parts of my life.

Lester, after the spending the weekend at his place in Indy, resumed his pharmacy rotation at Bloomington Hospital, which means he is staying with us at night. He joined the running group last night for Tempo Tuesday. We had a good turnout in near perfect weather.

Lester, Jim, Bill, and Tim M. all run/held around 6:10 pace. I didn't fare as well, but that's fine. I ran a 6:34, a 6:37, and then fell apart my last mile, running a 6:48. I still managed to do it right around 20 minutes, which works out to a 6:40 average. I'll take it for my first attempt at holding 6:35s. My running partner, Tim G., had given blood yesterday and was feeling that, so he had to back off some. Next time!

I am developing a little bit of a cold. I felt it coming on yesterday. I'm hoping I can manage it and keep it from getting too bad. I knew in my over-trained state last week that I was setting myself up for something like this, plus Kedra had a cold+ last week. If I have to get one, then I guess now, 9-10 weeks from Boston, is not a bad time. I hope it does not interfere with Saturday's half marathon in Tennessee.

Speaking of TN, I am really looking forward to seeing Luke and Rebecca this weekend! It has been a while, and I miss them so much.

2 comments:

Jason Petty said...

It's pretty amazing that Lester doesn't have a New Zealand accent. I find myself talking with one and I've never been there. Go figure.

Allen said...

Well, most of the time Lester does speak in a very thick Kiwi accent, but he hides in public.

I bet if you started speaking Kiwi to him he would speak it back to you.