Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday a.m.



Good morning! It's weirdly warm, isn't it? I guess that's going to change soon! Even as I write this, I got a tweet saying that we are under a severe thunderstorm warning. I think I'm glad that I'm not running until evening, but I also know that it's likely to be in 30s and very windy at that point. Oh well...

Here's the story on the girls pictured above:

Karol Yasmin Izcano Cruz and Kelin Elizabeth Izcano Cruz are native Hondurans that have a strong desire to attend college to earn engineering degrees. However, they do not have the financial resources to fulfill their aspirations. These wonderful Christian young ladies have worked with Marc Tindall and ministry teams visiting Honduras. Both are very bright girls who worked hard to earn good grades in high school and have a desire to use their degrees to help their country. For just $400 per month, we can send both of them to engineering school. This support requires a commitment of four years to allow them to complete their education, so please carefully consider your pledge. Should unforeseen circumstances necessitate a change to your commitment, we would encourage you to seek a replacement for your pledged support.

We have a Facebook group for these girls, if you want to help. We have raised the first 3 months of their tuition and have pledges to cover some of the rest of it, but we are not quite there yet. They started school yesterday. It's hard to explain what a huge thing this is.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing days in some ways. I ran 10 miles yesterday morning. John H. ran 5, and Bill D. and I ran 10. We had some good conversations about life, perseverance, endurance atheltics, etc. I also picked his brain about biking. I got a lot of good, helpful information.

After the run, Kedra and I attended a funeral in Jeffersonville, followed by a meal at Cheddar's. We've eaten there a few times, and it's always good. We made a couple of stops in the Clarksville area before heading back home.

Today I need to really dive into Genesis 2. There are lots an lots of interesting things to think about/wrestle with from those few verses. There is a joke that comes out of Genesis 2. Now, I am not endorsing this joke or the thoughts behind it. Are we clear on that? hee hee

After God created Adam, and Adam had been in the Garden for a really long time, he started to get a little lonely. So, Adam went to God and said, "This Garden is amazing, but I'm starting to get a little lonely; is there anyone that you can send to keep me company?"

God answered, "I have the perfect person. She will help you with almost everything. She'll clean, cook, wash you clothes, be your friend, and even rub your feet after a long day. She really is perfect in every way!"

Adam said, "That sounds great! How soon can you send her?"

God replied again, "I can send her right away, but there is one thing ... it's going to cost you an arm and a leg to get her."

Adam thought for a moment, and then said, "What can I get for a rib?"

Hey, I'm just reporting that there is joke that's based on Genesis 2.

No comments: