Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! It's on the chilly side out there, so bundle up. The cold is not going to last very long, which is kinda strange for this time of the year. The forecast on Friday is sunny and 54! I am planning on another outdoor bike ride at this point. I'd much rather ride outside than in my basement on a trainer.

I don't know about you, but I'm allowing myself to slip back into a routine. Christmas and the week after are so unusual (and nice). I guess yesterday was a holiday; didn't feel that way. I remember in days gone by that New Year's Day was a fun day of eating and watching football. I know this year was different because it was one of those "observed" holiday, being observed a day late. Plus the BCS in college football has really changed everything. I watched the end of the Rose Bowl and a little bit of the Fiesta Bowl. Oh well...

Running was a little more challenging yesterday morning. The wind and the cold, with a little sideways snow thrown in, made it a little harder to get motivated to get out. I decided that Spring Mill Park would be a good place to run, so I headed out there for 7 miles. It wasn't bad at all, and the Park is so beautiful. I did a lot of trails and hills. Tonight I'll run 7 more miles in Bedford with a group. We are easing into tempo runs, starting tonight. I'm ready.

Today is Gerald Tolliver's funeral. I need to work on that for a while this morning and then see how everything evolves from there. His viewing was in our Family Life Center yesterday and seemed to be going well when I left.

Soon I will tell you about my goals for this year and my new 30/150 plan, which is a lot like my 26.2 plan. As you can imagine, a lot of it centers around April 16th and the Boston Marathon. The desire to have a great run on that day on that course makes it easier to go out on days like yesterday and to eat right.

OK, I have lots of work to do, so I best get started!

No comments: