Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday a.m.



I took this picture 2 days ago. I have a flower still alive from last Summer! I’ve never seen anything like it. I know our winter has been relatively mild, but we have had temps down in the mid teens a few times, yet this flower has survived. Why?

I think there are two things that are key.

1.) It is located fairly close to the house, about three feet.

2) It is located right next to a big rock.

My theory is that its location next to the house and, more importantly, its location right next to a rock that holds heat from the Sun has kept it alive all winter long.

Seems like a good picture for us: stay close to house of the Lord (church, which is people, of course) and stay tight with Jesus.

"Jesus is a rock in a weary land! A weary land! A weary land!"

Are you close?

* * *

Here we go Thursday! I'm starting my day by going to court with a young man who is making great strides in allowing the Lord to turn his life around. I'm so proud of him. I am going to testify before the judge about what I've seen and what I know. Pray for him.

Today is sermon prep day. It's going to a be a challenge to get everything done today, but I work better under pressure. We'll see! Genesis 3 is a challenge because it is so full of things that need to be considered. I'll probably touch on most of them briefly and then "big picture" it. The big picture is that Genesis 3 explains the mess we're in. It explains death, pain, and weeds! We had a great class last night -- lots of good questions and discussion.

Today is hill repeat day. I used to dread them, but now, while I'm not exactly looking forward to the pain, I look forward to the feeling I have when I am finished. They are real confidence builders. I'm not sure when I will get them in today. I'm sure I will find the time somewhere along the way.  I hope to go to pool tonight. I did not make it last week, due to some trouble with my furnace at home.

Off we go...

No comments: