Monday, January 09, 2012

Monday, Monday!

Bah-da bah-da-da-da Bah-da bah-da-da-da Bah-da bah-da-da-da Monday, Monday, so good to me... So, how's it going? It's going to be another mild day in January. I love snow and miss it a lot, BUT if it's not going to snow, then I much prefer this over a very cold and dry January day. I know winter is going to show up one of these days, but it's already January the 9th. That means, to me, it is not that long until we start getting those warm days in February and March, kinda like the days we're having now. ha ha.

I don't suppose I have much to report since my last post on Saturday. We had a good day at church yesterday, maybe one of the best in quite a long time.  Maybe New Year resolutions kicked in a week late? It was good to see a big crowd.

Today I plan to get 8 miles of hills run/done as soon as school traffic clears off the roads. It's nice going out at 37 degrees with no wind. The rest of the day will involve study, meetings, the Store, visits, and whatever interruptions come my way.

If the sun comes out later today and it hits 50 degrees, then I will be tempted to get on my bike late this afternoon. I will probably resist the urge, because I don't want to get over trained. I am pushing myself right the red line right now. Last week I had 40 miles of running and 30 on the bike. The 40 miles included a 15 miler, hill repeats, and a fast mile, which was the beginning of tempo runs. I need to be careful.

Since I won those wheels I've had the realization that my bike is now worth at least double what my truck is worth. I'm not sure what this means. Hmmm.

Yesterday I booked a ticket to Honduras. I had decided that I was not going to go on the February trip, due to financial constraints, but I wanted to go because the ambulance has arrived and will be dedicated in Copan on Feb. 27. Over the years I have accumulated a ton of One Pass frequent flyer miles. Amazingly Continental Airlines has allowed me to keep them, even though they date back to our trips back and forth to New Zealand in the mid to late 80s!

Over the the years I have tried to use them, but they make it difficult with blacked out travel days etc. Last week I checked into going to Honduras, using some of those miles. I was surprised to find that I could actually use them in a way that fit the schedule I wanted. Yesterday I booked the flights, using several of the miles. I had to pay $25 in taxes. Not bad! We have a team from church going Feb. 18, and I will join them mid-week to help for a little while.

OK, need to get after it again!

No comments: