Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday a.m.




Is it Wednesday already? This week, between Christmas and New Years, is always hard to keep track of. It seems that hardly anyone works, and people are coming and going. The days blur into one another. I kinda like it. It's the storm before the long, cold calm of January.

Yesterday I timed my run just right. I was dressed and ready to run in the rain, but by the time I got started, it had started snowing. It was beautiful! By the time I finished, the fields were covered in a nice blanket of white, and so was I. I had about half an inch of snow built up on the bill of my Gore-Tex hat. I had a nice run that included hill repeats.

Today, I am running this morning with a bunch of guys in Bedford. Like I said before, hardly any one is working this week. I'll run somewhere between 5 and 10 miles, depending on what others are doing. I have a funeral in the morning, which will limit my distance tomorrow, so I would like to go a little farther this morning. I have 40 miles scheduled for this week.

My neighbor, Roger, is still in the hospital, so I am going up again today to check on him. He is more stable now than he was over the weekend. His brother came in from St. Louis. I'm glad he's here. I think he is going to figure out what to do with Roger's dog, Benji. I feel sorry for the little beast. His socialization needs are not being met. ha ha.

The first picture above is from my home office window, shortly after my run yesterday. I guess you can see why I love working from this location. I love my home office and get a lot done there. The second photo is from Christmas day. Kedra managed to find Christmas Vacation shirts for our whole crew.

No comments: