Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday a.m.


Good morning! Thursday! We're closing in on closing out one year and welcoming a new one. I can say that I will be kinda glad to kiss 2011 good bye. It was not one of my better years, and I will explain some of that in a post later on. Since it was not one of my better years, it sets up 2012 to be one of the best ever, and I will explain that later also.

Yesterday started really well. I met some friends in Bedford at 8 a.m. They had decided on a 10 miler, which was really what I wanted also. Off we went. We ran a nice comfortable 8.30 pace. I felt good the whole time and am gaining confidence. Today I will do an easy 5. I'll take Friday off and then run 13 on Saturday. This will give me 40 for the week and 1264 for the year, which is about 500 miles down from last year. I focused on the bike for most of the summer and really let my running slip, which is fine. I think the lighter miles has me rested and positioned to run really well in 2012.

Today is sermon prep day, plus I have a funeral and a funeral dinner. I will also spend some time with Roger's dog. Yap, yip, yappity-yap. ha ha. Roger's brother came in for a couple of days but is leaving today. I saw Roger yesterday. He is doing better but still has a long way to go.

Tomorrow mid-afternoon I plan to go for a bike ride outside, hopefully a 30 miler. I've got one other person going at this point and am hoping for others to join. It's supposed to be around 50 degrees. I am eager to get some more time on my new ride.

OK, I have lots of writing to do today - sermon and funeral message. See ya!

1 comment:

Jason Petty said...

amen to the down year of 2011. Ready for a new start with a new year! Something about a number that gives us the opportunity for making things new again.

Happy New Year!