Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday

So what day is it? Oh yeah, it's Wednesday, the longest day of the week. Before it's over it will be a 15 hour day, but that's OK. It ends well with a nice meal at church, followed by a discussion with a great group of people. I'm not sure what to think of the cartoon. I suppose I am guilty of that, but I usually just get quiet when I don't have much to say. I don't need to always contribute to the noise. Right? ha ha

Yesterday was a day of lots of travel. I went to court with my friend yesterday morning, leaving the house about 8. Turns out that I couldn't go with him before the judge, so I sat outside the chambers and got a lot of things done. Previous experiences taught me to take things to do.  I left the courthouse and went to the bank to get our "Give Thanks 4" checks approved. Got it!

Next stop: the Mayor's office. We had a surprisingly long chat. He got up and shut the door and wanted to talk about lots of things. We did. It was good. Next stop: police station, but the chief was out of town. I chatted with the dispatcher for a while and promised to return some time soon. I did a couple of more stops before going to the ReGeneration Store for a while. Donation just keep increasing, which is a good problem to have. We are trying to figure out how to manage it, however.

Between all the stops, I was able to contact most of my race volunteers in one way or another. We are in good shape! I stopped to talk to my neighbor Roger about helping and ended up helping him get his wood splitter going. He has trouble starting it.

Yesterday afternoon I went back to court with my friend. This time I got to be in the presence of the judge, who happens to be a friend. My friend is changing his life and I got to say that to the judge. I think the hearing went well. We shall see. Next stop: back to Mitchell for a Capstone Ministries meeting. Next stop: Bedford to run. Yes, that was my third trip to Bedford, for those keeping score.

Last night's run was very enjoyable. I did 2 miles before the group arrived and then did 5 more with them. I always leave the group run feeling encouraged and energized. I love my running friends. Speaking of them, you really might want to read THIS. It's by one of our group runners. Wow! I've really enjoyed getting to know Wendy and Tim and appreciate them a lot. I don't always run with them, because they are really fast!

OK, I guess it's time to continue on with the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Link to the other blog, great story of faith and God chasing us down...


Pat A