Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Morning


So how are you on this fine morning? I guess you survived the storms last night? The rain held off long enough for me to stack 2-3 ricks of wood last night, which was a bonus. I really didn't expect to be able to work outside last night.

I'm headed back to court today; seems like I have been there a fair amount lately. This time I am going with a former student of mine, and it relates to a custody issue regarding his children. It's a pretty big mess. My former student has been faithfully attending church with us for about 2 months now, and I am convinced that he is allowing the Lord to change his life. He has struggled with all kinds of addictions. I really love him and pray that he can continue on the path he is on.

When I go to court this morning, I am going to take several things to do. I know that a long wait is quite possible. My main focus today is putting the final touches on the Give Thanks 4 race. It is part of the Mag 7 Race Series. I need to see the bank manager to make sure checks made out to "Give Thanks" are cashable. Our old bank had no problem, but our new bank is so picky about things.

I need to see the Mayor and Chief of Police regarding a few things. I have secured a few really nice prizes to be given away, and I am checking on getting a few more from local businesses. We are expecting 200 runners or more. About this time next week I will be getting nervous. Last year, at about 5 in the morning on race day, we had a tornado warning, followed by heavy rain. I wonder what the weather will bring this year?

This evening I'll head to Bedford to run 7 miles with my friends. They will probably only run 5, so I will go early and grab a couple extra. My hilly 6 yesterday was...hilly and windy but warm, weirdly warm. I am inching toward my official Boston Training Plan. I'll start that in a couple of weeks. Included will be a strict diet for the first 2-3 weeks to drop me down about 5 pounds. I've already started working on my core with lots of sit-ups and lots of reps on a Torso Tracker. Burn, baby, burn. Trying to turn these abs of mashed potatoes into something else.

Luke is heading to Guatemala in a couple of days. He's going down to do surveying for his senior engineering project, which is to build a bridge in a remote village. I wish I could go with him. Maybe I will, when he goes back in May?

Alrighty...

No comments: