Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! Hey, it's going to be another beautiful day, so get out there and enjoy it one way or another! The picture above is from the back page of an old Bible of mine that I recently found. It is a tracing of my oldest son, Lester's, hand. It is dated August 20, 1989 and says below that, "Auckland, NZ, Morningside church. Lester was born in New Zealand on February 8, 1988, so he was about a year and a half old at the time. We must have been visiting with the Morningside church that day.

It sure brought back lots of memories. Now Lester is married, just about finished with pharmacy school, and will soon be employed. Indeed, life comes at you fast! I remember, back when our children were little, people saying, "They grow up so fast!" Now I find myself saying the same thing. Enjoy every minute of it.

Wow, this is turning into a fast-paced week! It seems like I have a lot more meetings and specific engagements than usual, plus I am preparing for the adventure of a lifetime. Speaking of that, I was able to successfully navigate my way through the license branch yesterday. I only had one challenge where I had to plead just a little. The employee asked another person and a supervisor, and they agreed with me. I got out of there as fast I could!

I saw a couple of people, ran 5 miles, studied, lunched with Kedra, hung out at the food pantry, had a Capstone Ministries meeting, picked up the ambulance from its super secret location where the machine guns were being mounted (kidding about the guns), took it home, put on the license plate, dropped it off at the mechanic, and enjoyed some chair/family time.

One of my favorite parts of yesterday, perhaps for even the whole year, was when a friend came by to see me. He brought me a book about the Boston marathon that he signed, along with one of the most famous runners of a whole generation, Bill Rogers. He saw Bill recently at a race on the East coast and asked him to sign the book for me. Bill Rogers, "Boston Billy," has been a hero of mine for a long time. This book is going to be a treasured possession. I am so grateful.

Today is going to be another busy one! I will spend a lot of the morning in Bryantsville. We are loading a semi with Bryantsville Hunger Relief Corn. This is our last load of the season. The new crop will soon be going into the bin, and we'll start all over again. I love this ministry! Also today, I need to start getting things together to drive the ambulance to Honduras. I am not going to take much, so I have to think through carefully what I need.

OK, I better get going... Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: