Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Tuesday a.m.

Good morning! It's going to be a beautiful day - just like yesterday, only warmer! Yesterday I became a viking for a couple of hours. This was inspired by Quince E. who gave me the hat you see pictured above. The annual costume run in Bedford provided the perfect opportunity to allow the hat to lead to the rest of the outfit, and thanks to ReGen and Penny, everything came together nicely.

Kedra helped dress me and then called for Ben to come and see. Ben, who rarely shows emotion and doesn't like it when I do anything that might embarrass him (he's 16, so the list is long), looked at me with a horrible look and said, "Don't do that." I did it anyway!

On my way to Bedford I stopped by to see Nadine, who needed some cheering up after a bad doctor's visit. It took her a little while to figure out the what and the who, and in the process her dog escaped. Oops! Anyway, the dog was rounded up, and Nadine told me that I was really, really ugly. I think that's good?

Running 5 miles through Bedford with the others pictured above was quite a fun experience. Blowing horns, waves, and comments. The funniest comments came from a bunch of kids who were dressed in the Emo/Goth style (their usual dress), sporting various body modifications. They liked what were doing; struck me as funny for some reason.

* * *

Thanks to your prayers, we now have all the papers for the ambulance signed. I will be the first in line at the license branch this morning. Hopefully I walk out of there with a license plate and a "speed title" on order. It should arrive no later than Saturday. I already have insurance lined up and a mechanic's visit scheduled. Now I need to concentrate on packing. I am taking very few things, so I can fly back standby without checking any bags.

We have 2 new prayer concerns related with this trip. The first is that title come back by Saturday, but the more important one relates to Marc Tindall's wife, Terri. She is having surgery this morning, possibly for a blocked intestine. Pray that things go well for her.

Today is going to be good, busy, fun day!

No comments: