Monday, November 07, 2011

Monday a.m.

I really need to come up with more creative titles for my blog posts. Oh well... Good morning! It's going to be a nice, mild day. How are you adjusting to the time change? I woke up this morning at 3 a.m. and resisted, for about an hour, the strong urge to get up. I finally fell back to sleep and actually stayed in bed until my usual 5:15, which is really 6:15 body time, which means, in essence, I slept in! ha ha

I thought I would be in Houston this morning, getting ready to cross over into Mexico later today, but here I am in southern Indiana. I don't know what's going to happen with the ambulance for Honduras, but I will let you know when I know. In the meantime, life goes on! 

Yesterday sure was a nice day! Church went will, or at least I thought it did. I guess you would have to ask others to really find out. We had a nice family meal, I watched the Colts and then fell asleep, then I realized that I had recorded a 2 hour special on the New York City Marathon. I cued that up and started watching.

While I was watching I got on the computer to check the results of Bill Deckard and Jim Sowders and Leisa Deckard.  The NYCM had a cool tracking system that posted times for each mile. I followed Leisa "live" as she ran. Bill and Jim had already finished. They had a good day but did not meet their goal of running 3:08. Leisa ran a little over 5 hours and raised a lot of money for cancer research. She did a great job.

Today is a day to get organized again. I woke up at 3 with the Give Thanks 4 race on my mind. I think I have everything pretty well in place, but I need to look at it all again. It's 2 weeks from Thursday. The biggest thing is getting about 30 volunteers all confirmed and assigned. Darrin already has the T-shirts and trophies on order.

Gonna take a trip to Bloomington today. I plan to have lunch with Pat A. I can always use his wise counsel. Then I've got a few things to do in Bloomington. I need to get an easy 5 miler in and few other odds and ends.

Need to complete my "to do" list... Catch you later...

No comments: