Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday


Good morning! I just enjoyed another hot cup of coffee from Honduras. Man, that stuff is good! Waking up to that is one of my favorite parts of the day. All the extended winter forecasts are telling me that I better stock up on coffee! Might be trapped in the house for days, weeks, months... OK, maybe I'm going overboard a little. Of course, the skeptic in me says that all these forecasts pointing to the same conclusion will likely lead to the opposite in reality. I'll tell you in April what happened.

I had a good Monday. I went for a hilly run, after spending some time organizing and being quiet. It was a beautiful morning, and I probably should have run more, taking advantage of the perfect conditions. I'm feeling a tad over-trained, so I decided to stick with six. I should be taping for the Monumental Half Marathon that is less than 3 weeks away, but I think I'm just going to "train through it." My heart is not in it. I am already focused on Boston, which is now slightly less than 6 months away.

Capstone Ministries (ReGeneration Store) has to switch banks, due to our bank going out of business. I was supposed to "drop by" and sign a paper yesterday. The "dropping by" turned into more than half an hour. Oh well... After that I went to Bloomington to see some folks waiting on a surgery. Then I had a good lunch with Pat A. Then we went to see a mutual friend in a rehab center and had a great time visiting him. Then I went back to the hospital. Lots of running around; lots of talking. Last night I caught up on some work/reading.

Today I am heading to Ohio, via an overnight stop in Indy. I have a funeral in Ohio tomorrow, but this evening I will eat supper with Lester and Maddie, before spending the night with them. This evening I am also attending a lecture at Butler University about the Russian Orthodox Church, one of my interests. The timing could not have been better.

OK, that's enough for now.

No comments: