Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday a.m.

Not sure I've ever posted on Sunday morning! But as I said a few posts ago, I am making several changes, so I guess this fits with that - ha ha. I got up a little earlier than usual and I feel pretty engaged, so it's a good time to write a quick bit.

Ben and I are alone this morning. Kedra is an Alabama - more about that in a minute. Let's go back to Friday. Friday was a nice day. Remember? It followed Thursday, which was, to use a meteorological term, yukky - windy, cool, heavy mist. I ran 5 miles in it, so I know. I ran in a group, so that made it more enjoyable.

Friday evening we went to the football game. Mitchell got crushed by a perennial power, Heritage Hills. Ben played well again. Now that his season is over, he is determined to get in the weight room and put on a lot of muscle. We're going to do some research into the kind of diet he needs to follow to put on pounds of muscle.

Yesterday, almost on a whim, I decided to run the Knobstone Trail half marathon. My friend, Tim Strunk, was running it, so I decided that a good trail run, basically as a training run, would be a nice change. It was, and it was a beautiful morning! The leaves up in Morgan-Monroe area are more colorful than they are here.

I got home about 1. Did some reading and napping, and then Ben and I went out in his new ride. Yes, Ben purchased his first vehicle on Thursday. He got a 1992 Ford 150 4x4. It's very clean and a nice looking machine. We took it to Bedford to eat and look at accessories for it.

We came home to watch football. The game we were most interested in was the Alabama/Tennessee game. Why? Because Kedra was there! She and my niece, Jean - a TN fan, used my in-law's season tickets. Kedra drove down yesterday morning, stopping in Nashville to see Luke and Rebecca. She met (a fall breaking) Jean in Nashville. They then drove to Tuscaloosa for the game. They will return sometime today.

I have my usual duties at church this morning, and then this evening I will speak at the West Shoals Church of Christ. I worked there from 1994-1998 and have lots of good memories. It will be nice to go back and be with them. I speak tonight and again Monday through Wednesday.

OK, I better get ready for today...

No comments: