Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday!

Gotta love trail running! This picture is the "men's room" at the beginning of the Saturday's race. I don't think many used it. There were lots and lots of other options (trees). Oh well, that's not how you wanted to start your day, was it? Sorry. I had kinda forgot about the trail running culture. It attracts a different breed of runners than road races. Of course there are some "bi" types - ones who go both ways. The trail running culture is a little more friendly and relaxed. I like it. I also forgot how hard it is to run on hilly trails. I tripped really hard twice, but I never fell. I am pretty sore this morning, which is unusual for me after running 13 miles not that fast. It was a good workout!

Yesterday was a good day! I had a good meal and nap after morning worship. Then I got a call from Lester. He and Maddie were returning from a visit to her parents and were concerned about noise coming from wheel bearings that he had replaced on Saturday, so they detoured to our place to repack them with grease. It was great to see them, but I had to leave shortly after they arrived. We had a couple of wonderful baptism at church, and I needed to be there for that. I came home from church, just for a minute, literally, to pick up Kedra, Ben, and Kaitlyn, so we could go to Shoals.

Kedra had just literally got in from the Alabama/Tennessee game, so it was all a bit crazy. We said good-bye to the greasy Lester (no hugs) and headed to Shoals. I am speaking there through Wednesday evening. I worked with the Shoals church from 1994-1998, so it was nice to go back and see some familiar faces. We had a really good evening. The people there are so kind.

This week is going to be a little different. I speak Monday through Wednesday evening at Shoals, have a funeral on Tuesday, a wedding on Saturday, and a trip to Riley Hospital on Thursday. Thankfully I am not speaking at Mitchell on Sunday. This will allow me to devote more time to lots of things that I need to do this week.

I hope your week gets off to a good start!

No comments: