Sunday, September 25, 2011

Waiting to hear the song

The waiting continues... I've been reading 2 forums that my friend John told me about. The forums are full of anxious speculation of how many people are going to make it into the Boston Marathon. It is based on hard data -- your qualifying time. Some math whizzes have come up with some very interesting formulas.

I beat my qualifying standard by more than 3 minutes. Most pundits think that if you beat your standard by more than a minute, then you should make it in. Apparently they are taking 20 or 21,000 runners. It looks like my time "seeds" me at around 17,000, so I should be good. It is sad that not all who qualified are going to make it in.

The song I am waiting to hear goes like this:

Please come to Boston for the springtime...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you stayin there with some friends who have lots of room?

P Arthur