Sunday, September 25, 2011

(Rare) Sunday Evening Post

Look at that blazing speed! Look how far ahead of the competition I am! OK, enough. The Persimmon 5K was fun. Ryan Chastain won the race in an amazing time of 14:53! That was easily a course record.

I won't say I am disappointed in my performance, but I was WAY off I what I set as my original goal, which was breaking 20 minutes. After a little speed work I backed off of that goal, but I still hoped to break 21, but I didn't do that either. I didn't start speed work soon enough. Oh well, I enjoyed myself, didn't push too hard, and finished in 21:40. It was good enough for 3rd place in my age group. I ran very consistent 7:58s, so I was pleased with an even pace run. I think age is slowing me down in short runs, but I believe I can still do distant run well.

Lester had a good run, breaking 20 minutes. Ben has not run since May and ran in 23 something. Kedra, Rebecca, and Maddie all walked the course. Luke was the family photographer.

We had a great weekend! All of our kids were home for parts of Friday and Saturday. I smoked some ribs and chicken for a Friday evening feast. Ben could not be there, since he had to be at the football field early to prepare for his game. He plays on the kickoff team and had 2 really good tackles in our win.

I rode on the chamber of commerce float in the parade. I've been in the parade a few times before. It's a pretty strange experience in some ways. I had the thought, "I'm riding on a decked-out hay wagon, waving at 1000s of people who are looking at me." Strange. I was on the float, along with my fellow Capstone Ministries board members, to represent the ReGeneration Store. We were given an award by the chamber.

We are in Indy this evening. Ben has been having some health issues, so we are going to Riley Hospital tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is going on.



No comments: