Monday, September 12, 2011

Are you ready for another week? Ready or not...

I guess I'm ready. Last week we had Labor Day, which shortened the week some. All that does for me is force everything into a shorter time frame for completion, but I still enjoy the change a holiday brings.

So how did your remembrance of 911 go? I avoided watching any of the (many) shows about it. I'm not totally sure why. I think I just don't like to go back and relive all of it. Maybe it's related to the fact that I don't like to watch movies more than once? Who knows?

I enjoyed the weekend. I took a little time off Friday afternoon, before driving one of the football team buses to Eastern Greene. It was a perfect night for football, and Mitchell got a nice 32-0 win. The game was ugly, yellowed up with penalties. Some players and coaches did not behave too well. Football.

Saturday morning I enjoyed a nice 14 mile run with a large group of people. I think there were about 15 people who participated in some way or another. A group started early and did 4 miles, and then a bunch of us joined them at 8 a.m. to complete 10 more miles. Then some of us did 4-6 miles after that. Confusing? Not really, unless you try to keep with with each individual and his or her mileage.

Today could be an interesting day. I'm taking my deaf neighbor, Roger, for a heart cath. I'm going to take my computer and lots of study books -- lots of waiting time.  Roger is not doing too well, so we are praying that he can get some relief and some strength back.

Rebecca is coming home this weekend! We are so excited. We were going to go down and meet her halfway last Saturday, but plans changed. We really really miss her but are very excited about what she is doing.

Maybe more later...

No comments: