Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Tuesday

Good morning! I hope you rested well and are ready for another day, a gift from God. We really should rejoice in it, you know. I'm not sure what my day holds, but it is going to be tied to yesterday.

Yesterday I took my neighbor Roger for a heart cath. I picked him around 11 a.m., since he was supposed to be at the hospital at 11.30. I called the hospital to find out where to take him. "Registration." OK, so we go to registration, where we are met by a clipboard, not a person. We sign in and wait.

There was a lady in the waiting room who had very short hair--new growth after a cancer treatments I guess. She clearly did not feel well. I felt sorry for her. She was waiting just like we were, only longer. I asked her how long she had been waiting, and it was nearly 30 minutes. She had a thing in her arm where they hook up IVs. I guess she was there for another treatment?  I wanted to talk to her but didn't want to be aggressive. She finally was called to register.

Roger and I waited some more. Waiting would the theme of the day. Finally he was called and then told that he was already registered and simply needed to show up in the cardiovascular unit. The lady was nice and walked us up there. Everyone on the unit was very nice, which made the wait a little more tolerable.

Bottom line: Roger did not go in for his procedure until after 5 p.m.! Poor guy - he was so hungry and tired. We got to speak to the doc before and after the procedure, which was nice. There was not much they could do, so the procedure did not last too long. Roger spent the night in the hospital, and I'm getting ready to go get him now. He is going to be really upset that he is not allowed to drive for a few days. Another friend took his keys. Pray for me as Hurricane Roger comes to shore on my head! ha ha

One of the women that was in the CV unit yesterday was refreshingly honest. She told the truth every time I asked her about what was going on and how long it would take. She said, "I could tell that it will be soon, but actually the guy before Roger is having complicationd and will likely take 2-3 hours." I thanked her for being truthful.

While waiting at the hospital, I was able to read a short book and get a lot of studying down. The text is 1 Peter which talks about living hope in the midst of trials. Wonder if he was thinking about waiting hours in a hospital?

No comments: