Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Monday

That old song "Monday, Monday," by the Mammas and Pappas, jumped into my head this morning. It can leave now if it would like. Please. ha ha

I hope you had a good weekend. It sure was beautiful weather. This is my favorite time of the year and my favorite kind of weather. I like the cool mornings and evenings and the warm days. My favorite month is October when it all hits its peak. There is no better time of the year to run and ride.

Running is going well. I moved up to 24 miles last week. I could have done more but I am trying to ramp up carefully. I will probably do 30 miles this week. I missed my 30 mile bike ride last week, due to some conflicts, but I hope to get it in this week. I did do some speed work last week and hope to do more this week. It is a crazy, crazy goal, but I would like to break 20 minutes in the Persimmon 5K. I have run right at 21 minutes the last 2 years, right in the midst of marathon training, which doesn't focus on 5K speed.

I am going to try do a little more specific 5K speed work this time, and I think that will help me with my other crazy goal -- to run the Monumental Half marathon in 1.34.59. I don't know if I can reach either one of these--they are pretty lofty--but I want to give it a shot. I'm not getting any younger. People keep reminding me of this.

We had a good fund-raising dinner for Honduras at church last night. Our work there seems to be going well. I miss being there and look forward to going back.

No comments: