Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday

I started on this earlier... I get easily distracted. So how are you?

This is an unusual week for me/us. We got back from Alabama Monday night, and we are headed to Nashville in a little while. Rebecca has her orientation to Lipscomb over the next couple of days. We are looking forward to sharing in her excitement.

Between trips I've been working on restoring some more computer things. I am slowly getting some things back to the way they were. I'm sure I will never get everything back like I had it, and I am pretty certain I don't want to. I am really striving to make some fundamental changes in my relationship with technology. I am looking for more fun and less slavery. I've stopped reading so many newspapers etc. The world will go on whether I know what's going on or not.

Wasn't yesterday beautiful? The cooler temps were so pleasant. I got a nice 5 mile run in about midday and hardly sweat. Then yesterday evening I met with 7 other riders to go on our Tuesday evening 30+ mile ride. Almost all of these guys are crazy fast, and I am not. I still enjoy riding with them. We ride out to the Washington Co line, which is 10 miles from Orleans.

Last night, aided by a slight tailwind, they pace-lined the 10 miles at more than 28 miles per hour! Dan D and I worked together and had a great ride at a slower pace. It was a lot of fun. I won't be able to ride for the next couple of days, so running will be my main focus. Then on Saturday I plan to ride 80 miles. I started on an 80 miler last week and got sick half way through. Actually I was sick when I started but thought I could ride through it. Wrong.

I better get back to reading and rebuilding...

No comments: