Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday

Here we go Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. We rolled in from Nashville Friday evening just in time to host an Outdoor Ministry event at our house. Our host responsibilities were minor - providing a fire and a pond basically.

The event turned out to be about a dozen people, mostly men, fishing. There was one little girl, Emma. Emma came with her pink and purple princess pole. The guys were equipped with nice poles and lures etc. Most of the guys caught a few fish, but Emma, on her pink and purple princess pole, caught not one but two really nice bass!

Last night she and her family came out again to fish. Unbelievably, she caught another big bass - bigger than the one pictured! If there is a shortage of pink and purple princess poles, then you will know why. I'm buying them all up!

We took Rebecca to Lipscomb last week for her orientation. That turned out to be a lot more emotional than I anticipated. I guess the reality of her going away hit me. Plus seeing/hearing of college life today made me feel old and somewhat irrelevant. It's a whole different world today. I'm so happy for Rebecca. She is so excited about going to Lipscomb.

I had a frustrating week in the biking department last week. Of course I had 2 days that I could not ride, since I was in Nashville. My plan was to ride some Wednesday morning before we left, but that did not happen. Then my big plan was to ride 80 miles on Saturday, but the weather did not cooperate. I ended up with only 50 miles for the week and am starting to get nervous about my ride across Indiana. I must get some long rides in! Maybe this week.

I need to get organized for yet another unusual summer week... Maybe more later.

No comments: