Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday a.m.

Good morning!

I'm trying to get back in the habit of blogging, so here we go...

The photo is from the Central Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa. I was struck by all the computer cables and other wires simply dangling. It was such a mess!

Yesterday was a busy day with varied activities. I spent a little time getting organized and then it was time to simply go do the day. There were lots of little things going on yesterday including a couple of meetings. The container we are shipping to Honduras dominated the day. I received a couple of phone calls and had a few people drop things off.

I went to one lady's house to pick up some things. I thought it was going to be a one-trip-to-the-truck-as-I-leave type pick up, but it turned out that I made about 10 trips. My cab was full to overflowing, and most of the bed was full as well! Wow! We are getting a lot of last minute things, which is good.

My biking really picked up last week. I got 71 miles in 3 days, which is a good start. While my biking went north, my running went south. I didn't say much about it, but I ran the Indy Mini in a quite bit of pain. Not sure what it was/is. I don't think it is anything serious at all, but I've taken some time off. That's all OK. I rode rides of 15, 36, and 20 last week. The 20 miler on Saturday was followed by a 5 mile run, where the pain came back.

The big 65 mile ride is Saturday at hilly Crane. I am considering scaling back to the 50 mile route. To do the 65 course you simply tack a 15 mile loop on at the end, which means I can make the decision at the 50 mile mark.

OK, better get focused on this day: study of Ecclesiastes, Honduras stuff, counseling, 26 mile bike ride at 5, followed by a Honduras pick up of heavier stuff. Let's do this day!

No comments: