Monday, May 02, 2011

Monday evening

It's been a good day! I got fairly organized for the week and then squeezed a 5 mile run in. The run was not the most pleasant one, due to mist and wind, but it goes down in the log book. I have 521 miles for the year. My goal is 1560, so I think I am pretty much on pace. My miles are going to go down as soon as the weather permits biking. My 65 mile ride coming up on May 21 is looking more and more like a bigger challenge.

Today was one of lots of conversations - much more than usual. I got more calls, texts, and emails than usual today. I don't know what that's about! Just interesting.

Our disaster relief trip to Alabama is coming together nicely. We are going to leave Sunday afternoon and return late Wednesday night. We will work all day on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We are going through the Disaster Response Team. I talked to them today, and they are very excited about us coming down. I still have room for more!

A couple from Ohio came over today with a big trailer load of clothe. It's all going on the container to Honduras. Alex, Laura, Melissa, and I helped them move it all into the semi trailer. Then we went out to lunch. We had a nice visit.

I did some counseling this afternoon, and then Kedra and I went to Sam's to get meat. I am smoking for this Wednesday evening's meal. Boston Butts = pulled pork = yum yum!

Just about popcorn time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am getting excited about the diaster relief trip.
rr