Friday, May 06, 2011


Hey, it's Friday! Today I will make a trip to Indy - 3rd day in a row! Yesterday I went with Jim Sowders to pick up the packets for Indy Mini, which is tomorrow. Lester and Maddie were there, so we got to see them too. We also put them to work, helping us pick up packets.

After we picked up the packets we brought them back to Mr. Gatti's for pick up. Many runners also brought in shoes and clothes for our container going to Honduras. I ended up with pick-up load of things, which is great!

Before the trip to Indy I had quite a exciting, hectic day. I tried to get my sermon done - didn't happen. I had so much communication going on about our trip to Alabama that I couldn't concentrate on anything else, which is fine. I am excited about the trip! I think we have 12-13 going.

I participated in the National Day of Prayer at Mitchell. It was a small but very nice ceremony. Four of the guys going to 'Bama were there, so we got to talk a little bit. After this ceremony I knew I had a small window of opportunity to ride, so I made my way out to the Park, changed clothes, and hopped on the bike. It was the first ride in 2.5 weeks. I tried going our usual route and ran into water. I tried a different way and ran into water; tried a third way with the same result. I managed to wander around and pick up 15 miles in about an hour. The picture above was from one of my roadblocks.

OK I have to get this sermon done! We are leaving at 4 to go to Indy for the Mini. We are staying at Lester's place. Matthew and Jean and girls are staying at a nearby motel. They will eat a carbo-loading meal with us. I am running with Jean tomorrow, trying to help her break 2 hours. The weather is looking pretty good.

OK, bye!

No comments: