Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday a.m.

Think we'll get any rain? I went to Indy yesterday morning and didn't come back until last night after 6. The White River rose a lot while I was gone yesterday.

I went to Indy yesterday, along with fellow board members, to be presented on the floor of the house of representative for being a part of the Bryantsville Hunger Relief Project. We are celebrating 25 years of service. Eric Koch arranged for all this, and it was a pretty neat experience. We were supposed to be presented around 10 a.m., but once we arrived we were informed that the session had been delayed until 1.30 p.m. That's a long delay!

Fortuneately I had other things to do, so I simply readjusted my schedule. I was planning on doing the house thing and then going up to Carmel to see a lady in a hospital and then running on the Monon trail. I went to Carmel and then came back to the House. Running had to wait. The presentation went well. I really like Eric Koch. I've worked with him a fair amount over the last 2-3 years on a board for Oakland City U. He is a genuinely good person I believe.

I decided to stop in Bedford on my home and run with my friends there. That worked out just about right, and I had one of the best runs I've had in a while. There was a light rain and I felt good. A lot of the run was under an 8 minute mile pace. I'm not really training for anything right now, so it was good to have a faster run.

Biking sure has been hit hard by the rain. Oh well. There will be plenty of opportunities coming up. I have about 3 weeks to build up to a 65 mile ride at Crane. It could be ugly! That's OK.

I hope to get back in a flow of writing this week, so check back from time to time. For now I need to go get organized.

No comments: