Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hey, sorry I've been out of my usual routine the last few days!I had a couple of days/nights in Indy doing some things with the Lilly Endowment. It was very enjoyable as usual. While there I got to see Lester and Maddie one evening for dinner - very nice! I also got to run along the canal and some of the other cool urban trails that snake through Indy. I love downtown Indy!

Now I am a bit behind on everything, but I'll catch up! One thing that is going to require a lot of attention is the container that we plan to ship to Honduras in about 4 weeks time. We have a semi trailer parked on our church parking lot. It needs to be full, but right now it is virtually empty. This wakes me up at night! I am praying that interest will catch on and that people will get active in their respective worlds collecting things.

Here are some of the things we are after:

Toiletries & Personal supplies: soap & shampoo, toothpaste & toothbrushes,mouthwash, deodorant.

Medical Supplies: Band-Aids, Acetaminophen (Tylenol)& Ibuprofen (Advil), multi-vitamins, nnti-diarrheal (Imodium), mylanta/Maalox/Pepto-Bismol, Tums & Rolaids, hydrocortisone cream/Benadryl cream/Calamine, antibiotic ointment.

Other: school supplies, soccer balls, baby items new or used (if in good condition) clothing, shoes, towels, blankets.

Just about anything that is practical is needed! Let me know if you would like more information.

No comments: