Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good weekend

It was another good weekend! I managed to get all my work done by midday on Friday, so I was able to take the last part of the day "off." The clouds gave way to sunshine and I hopped on my bike. I rode 30 miles. I started at the Park and rode out to the John Deere place in Bromer and then wandered back. It was a pleasant ride. I did have a pretty strong headwind coming back, but that's to be expected at this time of the year.

Friday evening we worked in the yard and got a few things done. We have a very old junk mower, which is really made up of about 3 different mowers. Ben does not like it, but I don't want to spend any money on a different one right now. It still works. It didn't have a hood on it, so I asked Ben if he would like to take the hood from yet another mower and mount it on ours. He liked the idea, so he got busy. He cut the metal, drilled the holes, and made it happen. We went to Lowes to get some bolts and spray paint. He painted the thing black. I think it looks beastly. Kedra and Rebecca just don't seem to get it. They are not excited in the least. What's with that?

Yesterday morning was the Let's Go 15K. I decided to help with it instead of running it. I really enjoyed it. It gave me a rare opportunity to watch a race. I was very proud of Michelle and Jean. I helped them work out a training plan for their respective half-marathons coming up (Michelle in Louisville and Jean in Indy). They both ran really well. Jean beat all the other women! She finished 8th overall. Wow!

We had to "black flag" the last 3 participants in the race yesterday. The weather became too threatening. Several of us waited for the worst to move through, and then we started out on our long run. I was pretty soaked and had enough after 8 miles. It gave me 35 for the week. I wanted 40, but as Mick says, "You don't always get what you want."

Today has been beautiful! Watching the end of the Masters. Wow!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen such beautiful pictures in your blog posts, Allen. :) Thank you so much for your help. Running has saved this gal in so many ways over the last few months. I look forward to the miles to come!