Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good morning! Kinda wet out there; could get a bit wild later. Well, in fact I guess it was wild during the night. Evidently there was a tornado warning between 2 and 3 a.m. All I know is I woke up around 3 to a huge clap of thunder and did not sleep too well after that.

Today my focus is getting ready for Easter Sunday. We celebrate the Resurrection every Sunday in worship, in communion, and we celebrate it everyday by living out our baptism. But still there is an opportunity and an expectation about Easter Sunday. The opportunity comes because people who only come to church once or twice a year show up, and I'm glad they come. The hope is that we can say or do something that will stimulate their thinking regarding their relationship with God. The expectation is that we will do something a little better, a little more, than a normal Sunday. That's what I'm working on today. It involves indoor fireworks and a laser light show. Just kidding.

I stumbled through yesterday with a severe shortage of sleep. I am old enough to know not to make too many judgments about life when I'm that tired, so I tried to keep things on the light side. I got some things done. I followed the Boston Marathon on Twitter, which was quite interesting. It was an amazing race, and it would have been nearly perfect weather to run in. I hope next year will be similar, when I plan to run it. I can't imagine how thrilling that will be!

On the physical training, which according to St. Paul "profits little" (King James Version, I think), I did a double yesterday: 6 miles of running in the morning and 15 miles of riding in the afternoon. Both went pretty well. Today I plan to run in the evening with the group in Bedford. I am wondering if it will get "stormed out."

Have a good one! Only if you want to of course. I'm not trying to tell what to do.

No comments: