Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Wednesday a.m.

I dodged a stinking bullet last night! I have a wood furnace, so last night I went down to load it up with wood. My wood is under my deck, protected from the elements, right outside the furnace room door. I went out as I usually do, and I heard, as I often do, some animal noise. Seems like every cat in the neighborhood likes to hang around our place. I was in hurry, so I didn't pay attention, until I was about done. The noise grew louder and more intense, so I finally looked over a small retaining wall to see what was going on. It was a skunk! He was all worked up about something, so I ran in and slammed the door. No spray, no stink, no problem. I was very cautious this morning, however.

Here comes Wednesday! I have a lot on my "this week" list and a fair amount of unstructured time today. It might just be a great combination for the kind of productivity I love to see - the kind where you cross out things on a list!

I really like the preaching passage for this week, Mark 9:14-29, and I look forward to listening to my class tonight. There are some pretty good themes to explore in the passage.

Ran 7 miles yesterday; actually tempoed at 7.17 pace. Today I need to crank out another 7; same tomorrow. Saturday there is a 10K race that I am having trouble getting excited about. I will probably run it but have no time, no plan, no goal in mind. That's all good right now.

No comments: