Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sleep

Every evening, it seems, about this time, I have this incredible urge to sleep. Resistance is futile or so it seems. Tonight I am trying to fight it, so I came down to my office. Might as well write a note about it.

The picture is Luke in his new sleeping bag. Get the connection? I am so clever at times. Speaking of Luke and the others - they all left about 1.30 today. I sure hated to see them go, but as they left I thought about how blessed I am to have good children. It's neat also to see Lester and Luke become friends and enjoy each other's company. They used to have some really big fights! ha ha

I hung around/worked around home this morning to spend time with them. Luke had to get his expired driver's license renewed, Caroline was getting her hair cut, and Maddie was going to watch that, so it worked out really well for Lester and me to run. We met Tim Strunk for a tempo run. We ran 7 miles, 3 of them were tempo miles. Lester averaged around 6.30, I went around 7.09, and Tim was right behind me. It was good, even though it rained on us some. Most of the time is was a heavy mist.

This afternoon I hung around the food pantry and got some good study in. My preaching passage this week is Mark 11:12-25. I am collaborating with a friend in Texas for this series of sermons, which makes it a lot more interesting for me. I simply love studying, so this afternoon was wonderful.

Tomorrow is going to be a long, busy day, but that's OK. I am going to run 7-8 miles late morning before a lunch meeting. Then I will see a couple of people. Then WEM and class. All the rest of the time will be filled with several smaller things I need to get done. I've got quite a bit more study I want to do before my class, and I need to make contact with a few people.

OK, I believe I have resisted the sleep urge successfully. I am going to bed early tonight to try get my DST mojo going.

Later dudes!

No comments: