Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Let's see. . . today is Wednesday, which means yesterday was Tuesday and tomorrow is Thursday. See, I kept my promise! Actually today is Ash Wednesday. There seems to be little (read NO) interest in it in my circle of influence/friends. In the past we have done a modified Lent observation that we called "40 days of focus" or something similar. Interest in that has waned over the years. I don't think that means anything in particular.

Yesterday was good. I finished up my paper for Resources for American Christianity. Before I sent it off, I reread the instructions regarding what the content of the paper should be. I probably should have read this before writing the paper. Of course I did, but I should have read it again. Why? I'm not totally sure I wrote what they wanted. I guess I will find out pretty soon. If I have to make any adjustments, they should be minor and easy.

I did the tempo run last night. Still struggling with focus and motivation, but last night's run helped clarify some things, I think. I think I want to get focused and motivated again. ha ha. I ran an uneven tempo, which is not what you want but, hey, I did it. I did 6.55, 7.20, and 7.09, which is not too bad. Next week I will try run an even pace, right around 7.00. I should be able to do that and then start lowering the time a little each week. We'll see.

Ben's running is going to suffer a lot during driver's ed. He has class from 4-6.30 each night and then school homework. Oh well, it is where he is in life. I know he can cover the 13.1 mile distance, but his speed is going to suffer.

Today I have a Mitchell Area Ministerial Association meeting. Yes, that's right, it's MAMA for short. I think I have told you before that I have proposed a new name for the organization. It is based on the fact that we all minister in Indiana. The new name I have proposed is this: Hoosier MAMA. So far no one seems that interested in changing the name. I don't have a lot of time to give to MAMA activities. I don't have enough time to do all that I feel I should do with my own church family. I battle guilt over that, but I can only do so much.

The preaching text for this week, Mark 11:1-11 -- The Triumphal Entry, is proving to be very challenging for me. What do you say about it that is relevant and will resonate? I have a few ideas, but I am really looking forward to my class this evening. They usually have fresh insight and ideas.

OK, time to do some more reading and then Hoosier MAMA time!

No comments: