Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Weekend




It seems like this is the 10th time we have celebrated Lester and Maddie's birthdays, but we did it again over the weekend. Really we celebrated Luke's birthday, which is today, and we added L & M in because Kedra's parents came up for the triple celebration. It was a great weekend. And it continues! Lester and Maddie, along with Luke and Caroline, are still here, since they are all on Spring Break. They plan to leave midday tomorrow. So today I am hanging around here with them.

On Friday I smoked a brisket and 2 chickens. They were for Sunday's meal, but, hey, I had to sample them, so they became supper on Friday night. Brisket is simply amazing! I am so glad I discovered it through my Abilene experience.

Luke and Caroline came in Friday night. It was so good to see them. Saturday morning I ran 12 miles with some of my buddies, and then Saturday afternoon I had my first outside bike ride. I rode 10 miles, which felt really good. Saturday afternoon Lester and Maddie arrived, along with Kedra's parents. Ribs. It was what was for dinner. Yum.

Yesterday was the dreaded spring forward day, which went fine. We had a great time of worship, followed by our big family meal. Brisket and chicken for 20 something people. It was nice. Last night we went to Curt's for Life Group, which was excellent.

Now I am trying to swing my body around to DST. A couple more days and I should be there.

No comments: