Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Well, it looks like school is a "go" this morning. I think our warning has been cancelled. I find there is a lot of inconsistency in forecasts, which, I think, comes from the fact that we are in between 2 markets (mentioned yesterday). Oh well, I'm glad life as we know it continues another day.

As I looked out my office window this morning I saw not one but two skunks, maybe 3. I think they were cleaning up the leftovers under my bird feeder. Let's just hope they mind their business and move on. We don't need them around here this morning.

I don't know why, but this morning some comments made on Sunday came back to me. I try not take too deeply or seriously the things people say after a sermon. I don't want to fall into the trap of measuring sermonic success based on comments, yet it is hard not to notice what people say. Sometimes no one says anything at all, which makes me think that there was no connection (see, there I go doing what I said I try not to do!). Anyway, on Sunday there were 2-3 really heartfelt comments along the lines of, "that's what I really needed." And then there was the comment, "I slept through part of it." Interesting. What I want to do/try to do is to be faithful to the text. I plant and water. God gives the growth. [Whose job is it to keep people awake?]

Today looks like a "normal" day, so that means some study, some meetings, and some contact with various people in various places in life. I'm not sure about our run this evening; might be a cold rainy one!

About time for breakfast...

No comments: